My Family

My Family

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Afternoon Delight

It sure was an afternoon delight.  I went for a 5 ml run with my 2 dogs, Storm and Sachi on a slushy snow while hubby and T followed us in the 4wheeler.  It was pretty slushy with the snow melting but a lot of fun never the less.  I felt like a little kid running in the mud/snow:)  While I was running I had this imaged in my head:  If I was to race with my 20s' and 30s' self, I would beat them both.  First the 20s' self would have her ass left behind.  She lack focus, discipline and she was more into weight lifting than running. She wanted to have a body like Corey Everson ha! ha! thank goodness for my mom when I told her that I wanted to have a body like Corey Everson, my mom's reply was 'you better not come home!' ha! ha!.... What do you think I did? of course I listened to my mom, blessed her heart that one.  I would have died of starvation otherwise. Ha! ha! My 30s' self, I would beat her at the last mile.  She has focus, discipline & drive.  But I'm 40 and some months old now and I am in better shape and has a lot more experienced. Ha! ha! So there you have it, I kicked both my 20s' & 30s' self ass!!!! ha! ha!  Getting older is not necessary mean that life is dissipating....it just begun. 

After our afternoon delight,  I made us a very delicious tuna sandwich than off we went outside to work.  Hubby cleaned up after our dogs' pile of crap, and tidy up the shed and rid of some stuffs.  I cleaned our girls' (chickens) barn.  It was not a very pleasant job at all.  One thing for sure our girls are very happy.  Takoda kept himself entertained playing outside, chasing chickens ha! ha!  It was the first time this year that our chickens got to enjoy themselves outside.  It sure was a wonderful sight watching them.  We can't wait when all the snow melt and they can all be foraging outside instead of being coop in their lovely home.  We get 3-5 eggs everyday now that it is warmer.  Takoda and I may have to start an egg stand on our drive way.  ha! ha!  

Well I've been learning a lot about homestead, sustainable living.  I will be making homemade mayonnaise, I'm already making my own yogurt.  I just learned how to make substitute heavy cream, cake flour, ricotta cheese, half & half, homemade deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, baby powder, lotion/moisturizer, and more.  I've also been making my own laundry detergent and softner for 2 yrs now.  I am loving it.  The less we spend the better and most importantly I know what I'm giving my family and it's all good.  No harmful chemicals.  When we have another child I think I will do cloth diaper, I grow up with cloth diaper.  I will make my own wipes too.  Life is good.

Good day you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment