My Family

My Family

Monday, January 14, 2013

Hook A Loop Makeover

Hello!!!! I've been doing makeover on my candle holders, plant pot, flower vase and toilet tissue cover.  I had so much fun making them.  My little Takoda has been giving me great compliments saying "Mommy that's nice.  I like it.  It's nice mommy." He is only 2 yrs old.  My biggest fan:)

Here are some of the things I've done.  I was inspired by Crochet With Raymond with her tea pot pattern she has on her blog.  I applied the concept on my makeovers.:) 

This is one of my candle holders I purchased a while back when I lived in Maui.  Here is the pattern that you can probably apply on simple things that you have around your house like a can or planter:
Foundation chain 49, sc in 2nd chain, sc across =48sc
sl st on the first sc, ch3, dc 2x in the same st, (skip 2 sc, 3dc next sc) rep. to end.
[ Sl st to 3rd ch fr previous rnd, 2dc in the same st, 3dc in each space bet. 3dc cluster.] rep. this rnd until you reached desired length. Note: foundation chain varies on what you are working on so play around with it. 



Here they are all done up.  I just love the sorbet colors, very refreshing.

I think they like their new outfit. Can you see them smiling? he! he! he!

It sure brighten up our bathroom.

 I did this on Christmas Holiday. You can see the 3dc cluster better here. I did a fan on the top. 

I knitted those stuffed animals.  Ms. Chicken and Mr. Frog are pattern from Susan B. Anderson, I got 2 of her books; Itty Bitty Toys and Itty Bitty Nursery that I loved so much.  I've done a lot of her work.  Ms. Kitty Kat is my own pattern which I never wrote, just image on my head.  I really need to start writing patterns.  You could say I'm a bit lazy on that part. 

Here is my TP cover in the making.  See what I mean when I mention that you can do makeover on just about anything.

Here it is on our toilet, it look a lot better than placing plain toilet tissues on the toilet.  

While we were in Vegas last month staying at my dad and little brother's house, my dad requested me to give his flower vase a little makeover. 

Here she is in her new dress.

Here is another look see

No comments:

Post a Comment