My Family

My Family

Monday, April 29, 2013

4th Time Is A Real Charm, My Dish Soap Revision

Hi everyone!  So I think I got it this time with my dish soap homemade.  It suds and it smell really good.  I love it, my dishes love it too.  Here is the recipe:

Homemade Dish Soap:
1/4 bar of Fels Nephta
3 C boiling water
2 T washing soda, I used Arm & Hammer
1 T Borax
10-15 drops EO, your choice, I used combination of orange, lime and grapefruit
1/2 cold water

Microwave 1/4 bar Fels Nephta in a safe bowl for 30 sec. increments of 1 1/2 min.  In a small pot, boil 3 cups of water, add the softened soap and stir till soap has dissolved.  Next, add 2 tablespoon of washing soda, 1 tablespoon of borax, stir until well combined and has dissolved into the hot water.  Add 1/2 cup of cold water to the mixture than add your favorite essential oils.  Mix well and transfer to your dish soap.  I used a jar with a lid, easier for me to just scoop a tsp into my dish soap than I add hot water to make a sud.  I tried using a recycled pump dish soap but it doesn't pump my soap due to the thick jelly texture that's why I like the jar better.  I hope you will try this version.  

No comments:

Post a Comment