My Family

My Family

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What To Do With Your Conditioner You Don't Care For Anymore

Hi everyone!!! Hope you all are doing well and dandy. Ever wonder what to do with all them conditioner for your hair that you have laying around your bathroom and you just don't have the heart to toss it away?  Well here is one thing you can do with them.... share it with your laundry.  Laundry!? you say.  He! he! he! yup share it with your lovely laundry.  Here is a great fabric softener recipe I've been using since last year.  I learned and applied it to my laundry since and love to share it with you.  I found this recipe on line so I am NOT taking credit for the recipe.  I feel bad that I didn't write the website to give credit to:(  Here it is:

Fabric Softener:

2 c hair conditioner
3 c distilled vinegar
6 c boiling water
15-20 drops essential oil/EO (optional) you probably don't need it, your conditioner probably has great smell to it already.  If it doesn't you can add EO of your choice or not:)

Boil 6 cups of water in a medium size saucepan, once boiled turn heat off.  Add conditioner and distilled vinegar to hot water and mix well.  Transfer to old softener bottle or whatever bottle you may have.  Use 1/4 cup p/ load.  Shake before each use to incorporate all ingredients.  Hope you will try this.  I love it!!!

I do have lots of left over conditioner that I no longer use on my hair instead my laundry enjoy it.  I make my own conditioner now.  Just 1c of organic apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water and 10-15 drops of EO I used peppermint and tea tree EO great for dry hair like mine.  I put 1Tbsp of this concaction with 1 cup of tap water, apply it to my hair and massage it throughout and rinse.  Hair does not smell like vinegar at all.  Makes my hair nice and soft.  I've got a very dry hair so this works for me.  Wash my hair 3x a week.  I shower everyday just not my hair. ha! ha! ha! 

 You all enjoy your day now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment