My Family

My Family

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Training For Half Marathon


My favorite magazines I subscribed to
Thursday, January 17, 2013

My feet are itching again for a half marathon race.  I don't know where and when yet but today I started my training.  Hubby says bologna I started long ago.  I did 5mls run on the treadmill and later this afternoon I did the Pure Cardio Insanity workout .  I love Insanity. It's hard but you get great results from it.  So I am incorporating my running with his program.  I also received the best gift ever from my husband. For x-mas, he got me the Asylum dvds.  I will be starting this program in 2wks along with my running regimen.  Asylum workout will kick anybody's behind it will surely kick my behind.  I am so excited to start this program and as scary as I thought it would be I'm finding it all comes in stride.  CRAZY HARD but awesome.  I reviewed couple of  Asylum workout and was quite intimidated just like when I previewed  the Insanity program before I started.  But this Asylum is over the top ... guess that's were they check one in after deciding to actually follow through with it !!!! that's  Asylum b-coz its and anyone who does it must be  NUTS too!!! It literally put you to  EXTREME workout that a lot of us has never experienced before.  You really need to DIG DEEPER.  Today I  kicked and  screamed all the way. Working out is a natural high for me.  

Friday, January 18, 2012

This morning I decided to try one of the Asylum's workout.  I did the speed and agility.  Boy! I was sweating all through the whole work out and out of breath.  Mind you, my agility wasn't corresponding well with some of the routine using the agility ladder and jump rope that came with the program. I have to work on this.  These training methods require a new level of concentration and focus in order to build skills and improve speed and coordination which I am lacking of.  I am very grateful that my husband has had these type of work out when he played football all through college.  He was able to correct me and show me the right way.  I know my endurance and stamina has improved tremendously since Insanity.  I am running better, longer, I've increased my speed and breathing is not labored.  I am always looking forward to my next workout.  Yes I am hooked.  



No comments:

Post a Comment